Join Yijing researcher Harmen Mesker for Yijing workshops in USA:
March 23-24 in New York City – A two-day Yijing intensive
March 29 in Chicago– Yijing Workshop Chicago
March 30-31 in Chicago – Application of the Book of Changes as a Tool for Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine
The Chicago workshop covers “the use of the hexagrams from the Yijing as a diagnostic tool in Chinese medicine. You will learn:
- a short history of the Yijing
- a short history of the Yijing and Chinese medicine
- the components of a hexagram and their application:
- …and their relationships
- the value of these components for a diagnosis
- The application of Wenwanggua 文王卦 for medical purposes:
- the wuxing 五行, ‘the Five Phases’ and where to find them in a hexagram
- the purpose of the liuqin 六親, ‘the Six Relationships’ and their mutual connections
- the function of the Officer & Ghost line as indication of the illness and the Offspring line as indication of the cure
- the application of the ganzhi 干支 Stems & Branches and where to find them in a hexagram
- the weakness and strength of the wuxing, liuqin and ganzhi in a hexagram and what this means for your diagnosis
- examples of medical Wenwanggua from classical and modern literature.
At the end of this workshop you have learned to use Wenwanggua as a tool that complements your own initial diagnosis.
The workshop comes with a workbook that contains all the material that will be covered during the day.”
Registration information can be found here.